Thursday, October 27, 2011

One small step for Finn, one giant leap for Finnkind...in the wrong direction...

Well, they say that pride go-eth before a fall, and boy have we fallen this week.
Where did my little boy go who was sleeping 2+ hours twice a day, then only waking me once during the night for a quick snack? Where is my little boy who, when put down in bed, would roll over happily and fall asleep?
WHERE???
I guess it's silly for me to have expected a "routine" to have appeared out of nowhere, but it was so successful for almost a week, and I thought I'd hit on some magic solution. I thought Finn had been asking me for weeks to just put him the heck down so he could sleep already, and it was just getting through my thick skull.
Alas, I was mistaken.
This week has been a distinct step in the opposite direction - refusing to be put down, screaming his fool head off while I try to soothe him until I just can't take it anymore, napping in fits and starts for 45 minutes max, waking up oodles during the night, and becoming the lightest sleeper EVER.
I just don't get it. I'm trying to do everything right and it feels like I'm torturing myself and my son instead. No more baby steps forward, only leaps back.
Oops, there he goes. Well, that was a nice half hour.....

No comments:

Post a Comment