Friday, March 23, 2012

these days.


It's been unseasonably warm here in Maine for the past week or so (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but this weather is worth mentioning).
Taking advantage of these unheard-of temps, we've flung open all the windows and doors, begun a massive spring clean, and - of course - been spending lots of time outside.
We've got a big, beautiful blanket on which to perch, but of course, the blanket is less than interesting to a little one who's never explored (read: tasted) the likes of sticks, leaves, and grass.
During these moments of bliss outside, I'm trying to soak up Finn in this moment, too. From what I hear, I'll be yearning for these days once they're over - once he's mobile, for one (still just sitting in one spot, much to my pleasure), once he's a "big boy", once he's in school, leaving home, etc. etc. etc.


It's hard, though - I won't deny it, and I won't apologize. But amidst the tough stuff, there are moments of this...........which I wouldn't give away for the world.                    While I'm practicing being here, in this moment, I'm also looking forward to finding out who this pensive, funny, willful little man is going to be, and feel quite blessed to be his mama...and to spend these days with him.

2 comments:

  1. The top photo has to be my favorite photo of pretty much anything ever. HOW MAINE!!! I <3 it

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's starting to look at lot like Chad in the eyes, I think

    ReplyDelete