Tuesday, July 24, 2012

one!

 It's a birthday boy!


What's that, you say? It's been almost a month since his birthday and I'm just NOW getting around to writing the post about it?
Details, details...

Finn's first was celebrated surrounded by family at our new home (man, we really need new siding).



 His birthday cake was one I adapted from a diabetic recipe and contained only 1/4 cup of sugar. Add a little maple whipped cream and organic raspberries, and I'd say that's a pretty tasty cake (even the other kiddos didn't seem to mind the lack of toothachy sweet cake).


I've been saving Finn's placenta to plant with a lilac, but wasn't sure at the time where I'd plant it or how long the thing would be taking up space in our freezer. 
Well, as luck would have it, we now have a yard to plant it in (yup, that's the placenta in the hole in the first photo), and have now started a new garden bed that we'll add to every July 3rd. The rocks in the photo were placed around the lilac (which is one of those new-fangled ones that blooms several times a season...yes...), and family members wrote little messages to him during his party.

We also started the tradition of setting off fireworks on his birthday, but as his bedtime is 7:00, it was a bit of a non-event in full daylight.

The birthday was all I wanted it to be - small, simple, and meaningful.  Oh! And I did manage to whip up his birthday crown, and he kept it on the WHOLE TIME. That was present enough for me.

...
plus, there was this...  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment