Thursday, January 17, 2013

family photos

Ahhhh, beyond excited, and maybe just a little OCD...

We've booked our second family session with the AMAZING photographer who shot Finn's newborn images, scheduled for mid-September, when baby #2 will likely be about 2 months old (I'm presuming he or she will make an early appearance, as most siblings to early kiddos come early themselves). I just cannot wait for Amanda to capture the first "official" images of us as a family - all FOUR of us. Four is it, by the way. As fun as this parenthood gig is, we don't want to be outnumbered. I can't tell you how relieved I was when the woman doing the ultrasound verified that "there's only one in there".

I know this is a small, superficial thing, but it represents the completion of a goal, and since I'm the one who has about five complete knitting projects that just need to be blocked or tidied up in some way, but never quite seem to do it, it's a big deal to accomplish a big goal. Of course, it's not like I have a choice about this one - the baby is coming, one way or another.

There's so much I want to be done by the time the baby comes - SO SO SO much I want to do to the house, but it's just not going to happen, and these photos will reflect that - and through the years, hopefully Amanda will come out again and capture the changes - not only in us, but in our lives, in the place we spend our time. I love the idea of these moments being frozen in time - there's a real art to portraying something in a still image that exists in reality, and Amanda is a pro at it.

So yeah, I'm definitely pinning image ideas, and I'm spending time on Ravelry and Etsy picking out *just* the right outfits for the little ones to wear (read: puke all over).

Our real family, complete and in living color. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment